Enter the Good Graces Giveaway
Congratulations to Ophael on winning a copy of Good Graces!
Reminiscent of Emma Donoghue’s Room and Alice Sebold’s The Lovely Bones, GOOD GRACES is an intricately woven tale told in the darkly humorous voice of a child. While exploring difficult issues such as the loss of innocence, bullying, child abuse and post-partum depression through her young narrator, Sally O’Malley, Kagen cleverly crafts her tale against the nostalgic backdrop of the Fifties. The result is a powerful reminder of a time filled with both the wonderful prevalence of pop music and soda fountains as well as many of the dark issues we face today—minus the resources we now have to deal with them. Even more important, Kagen alerts readers to the alarming vulnerability of a child, what can happen when we leave them to their own devices, and our duty to defend those who cannot protect themselves.
One (1) winner will receive:
- Copy of the book Good Graces by Lesley Kagan!
* This contest is open to registered Book Divas members only. It's free to join!
- One entry per email address
- Contest will run from 8/1/2011 to 8/15/2011
- One winner will be picked on 8/16/2011
- Prizing will be mailed out within 4 weeks of selecting a winner
ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
Lesley Kagain is the author of the New York Times bestseller Whistling in the Dark, Land of a Hundred Wonders, and Tomorrow River. She lives near Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Learn more at www.lesleykagen.com.
Entries accepted between 08/01/11 6:00 am and 08/15/11 9:59 pm.